SEA CAGE SYSTEMS
ADVANCED SAFETY, STABILITY, & LONGEVITY
Unlike traditional steel cage systems, the Trident system also creates a closed topside environment; reducing the amount of floating seaweed or other debris from entering the grow-out environment.
All aspects of modern farm operations can be integrated into the Trident structure, including allowing farmers to recess feed pipes and other supply lines below the walkway – eliminating trip hazards and reducing wear and chafing issues for these ancillary components.
- Reduced twisting
- Advanced wave energy handling
- Obstacle-free walkways
- Near boatless operation
- Removable decking
- Certified to Norwegian standard 9415
- Engineered to 355MPa yield strength
- 400% thicker HDPE tube flotation design
- Fatigue resistance greater than 20 years
- Limited lifetime warranty on flotation pipes
- Industrial-grade long-life pins & bushings
Poseidon’s Trident Hybrid Steel Cage System
TRIDENT HYBRID SEA CAGE
The Trident Hybrid cage system allows complete integration of life support, feeding systems, and other site equipment into the structure to improve operations and reduce maintenance. Trident is specifically designed to accept predator net and barrier systems for fish welfare.
The patented Trident Hybrid design combines the energy-handling capabilities of plastic cages with the strength and stability of steel to create a stable platform with dramatically improved load capacity.
MORE KEY FEATURES
400% Stronger Floatation
Strongest integrated design with max wave tolerance of 6m
Fatigue resistance exceeds 20 years with a limited lifetime warranty
Meets the highest certification requirements of the aquaculture industry for the prevention of escapes
- Reduced Wear & Tear On Nets
- Removable Decking & Obstacle-Free Walkways
- Exceptional Wave Handling Capabilities
- Bird net support frames can be placed in any support socket for easy placement and adjustment.
- Brackets built into the steel frame allow for shackles to alternate connection methods for net and weight rigging at regular intervals.
- Design conceals pipes, hoses, and conduits below decking and provides unrestricted access to airflow and feeding systems.
- Designed and engineered for diverless operations and maintenance.
MODULAR SIZING AND RIGGING
Wide variety of site configurations. Standard sizes include 24m, 30m, 36m, and 40m pens.
- Includes standard bull-rail to accommodate existing rigging plans.
- Equipment post socket every 10’ standard.
- Bird-net support frames with overhead lift capacity for net weights.
- FRP walkway grating is lightweight and removable.
- HDPE pipe flotation allows for a continuous and attenuated response to wave action. It has up to 400% greater wall thickness than traditional billets and is fully sealed.
- All piping, hose, and conduit can be located below grating for a safe working area.
- Removable steel grating is an option.
- Grating can be upgraded to accommodate forklifts at any time.
- All feed and air piping is located under the deck.
- Pipe floatation is continuous across all hinged joints, significantly reducing deflection at the hinges, and reducing or eliminating the need for hinge stiffeners.
Poseidon believes that Closed-Containment or Semi-Closed Containment Technology can achieve the goals of environmental stewardship while also providing Material Benefits to Producers:
Whether you’re using CMAS as a post-smolt multiplier or you’re trying to meet stakeholder expectations by limiting the impact of your net pen on the surrounding environment, Poseidon’s Trident Hybrid Steel Cage System can be configured to support CMAS because of the unique characteristics of the Trident Hybrid design.
MORE KEY FEATURES
Trident CMAS can be implemented for roughly 10% of the cost of land-based production facilities.
Combined with Flowpressor and Oxypressor technologies, farms can effectively eliminate harmful water events and spatial conflict.
Our team of Engineers and Aquaculture Specialists are ideally suited to help you solve today’s greatest technical challenges presented by CMAS. Whether Your Team is looking for help with oxygen delivery or trying to optimize hydraulic retention time, for example, we can help you design, build, and implement a cost-conscious and operationally efficient approach as you move along your own critical path to success.